Ministry Growth Campaign
Remaining Group Fellowship Opportunities
Group Fellowships are best place to become the most informed. It’s a fun, no pressure place that is designed to be helpful to you and our church.
Remaining meetings are:
- Mon. 10/26 @ 5:00 PM – Turner Home
- Tues. 10/27 @ 6:30 PM – childcare – Liniger Home
- Thurs. 10/29 @ 5:00 PM – Clark Home
- Thurs. 10/29 @ 7:00 PM – Kellerhalls Home
- Sun. 11/1 @ 12:00 PM – RUMC
Sign up using this link.
(click any of the links below to go directly to that section)
|Preschool||Meet Needs Together||Opportunities|
All Saints Day – November 1st
RUMC has a tradition of remembering the saints that have gone on ahead of us in the past year on All Saints Day.
We will remember specifically those members who have passed in the last year and also give you the opportunity to speak the names of loved ones as a way of recognizing the gift of that person’s life. A wonderful way to connect with God as we come face to face with death – thanking God for the life we have left to live. The message on his day will be titled “An Unusual Grief” and will come from 1 Thes. 4:13
Recovery @ Ringgold 2nd Anniversary
Thursday, October 29th – Mark Beebee will be here LIVE rather than by video feed to deliver the message next Thursday. There will also be a special dinner starting at 6 PM. This would be a great time to come & see what God is doing at Recovery @ Ringgold. Worship starts at 7 PM.
Save the Dates:
- All Saints Day: November 1
- OCC Packing Party and Box Return: November 14th @ 10 AM to noon
- Nicaragua Mission Support Dinner with Legendary Cake Auction: November 17
- Deck the Halls: Nov. 29th after 11 AM service
- “One Small Child” Christmas Chorale Celebration: Dec. 6
- Children’s Celebration of Christmas: Dec. 12
Wednesday Night Dinner
10/28 Menu: Fettuccine Alfredo, Salad, Rolls & Dessert
New for this year: Preregister and Walk-up options:
- Preregister by Sunday: $6 adults, $4 children
- Walk-up: $7 adults, $4.50 children
We have a total of 16 going with us to the JUMP Fall Retreat! This is a good number for us this year, and I am excited! Remember that the balance of $85 is due by Nov 4. Also, we will have a Parent and Youth Meeting for the Fall Retreat on Nov 1 @ 8p (MANDATORY).
The youth will be participating with the church in a community Prayer Walk on October 28 @ 6:30p. We will gather in the youth room at 6:30p and talk about how to do a prayer walk. We will then split into groups and go out into the community with adult leaders to pray for specific things in our community. Please dress accordingly! This time could be a great spiritual opportunity for growth, bonding, and community outreach!
On November 17, the Nicaragua Mission Team will be hosting a dinner and auction in the gym. We need a team youth to be servers for this mission dinner. The youth would dress nice for the event and wait on tables while people are eating. This is an excellent way for youth to volunteer and participate in an amazing event that will raise money for an international mission. Message/reply if your student is interested.
Our A/V Tech Team for the Sunday Night Youth Gathering time has an opportunity for middle and high school students to learn how to operate the sound board and computer during the Youth Gathering times each week. Each Sunday afternoon, during the youth praise band practice, which begins at 4:00p, youth who are interested in being on the Youth A/V Tech Team can learn and practice skills on the equipment in the MPR. Dale Duckett and Randy Sherrill will be supervising and overseeing the development of skills for this important support ministry team. Please email me back here if your son or daughter is interested.
May God Bless You,
firstname.lastname@example.org / 423-488-4265
Director of Preschool Ministries / email@example.com
Empty shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child are available in the lobby. Please take one to fill and bring it back before or bring to the Packing Party on November 14th.
For more information contact Pat Brinsfield @ 423-413-4768 or Trina Clark @ 706-937-3635
N.C.I.C. NEWS(Nourishing Children in Catoosa)
NCIC Packing on Wednesdays in the Gym
- 1:00PM – Staging food and setting up tables.
- 3:30PM – Packing party and clean up. Packing 1600+ snack packs for needy children each week. Lasts about an hour and a half depending on volunteer response each week. Anyone and everyone is welcomed. Come join the fun. Students – NCIC counts for community service hours – let your friends know.
Contact Vickie Mosley – 941-518-9186 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Mission Dinner
Reserve the date!! – Tuesday Night, November 17 at 6:00.
To purchase a table or tickets see Lamar Brown or Bobby Fleck.
Women of Faith Conference
Atlanta, Philips Arena / January 22 – 23
Premium Seating Tickets are $83 (20 tickets are reserved)
5 rooms are reserved at the Omni Hotel (right beside Philips Arena)
Quad occupancy: $54 per person
To register or for more information please contact Tracy Brown by text or phone at 423-580-8283.
- Elizabeth Tyler: cancer
- Sara Miller: Johnny Long’s grandmother, cancer, hospice care @ Red Bank Life Care
- Becky Poston
- Jessica Parker
- Larry Miller
- Nathan Churchwell
- Kayla Little
- Healing, strength, comfort
- Earl Marchbanks: PET scan, PRAISE: no cancer found!
- Terry Kilgore
- Brandon Nichols
- Brent Kenney: cancer
- Roberta Rose: cancer
- Christa Lambert
- Melissa Simmons: hurt knee
- Victims of Bullying
- Kristi Brown Thacker: kidney stones, going for surgery on Friday 10/23
James & Ashley Gordy would like friends to know that they are expecting a baby boy due November 4th. Contact the excited grandmother-to-be, Barbara Gordy, for more details. 423-785-6158.
Thank you to my church family for your prayers, cards, letters, food and donations to the building fund in memory of Jim.