Why not set a goal RIGHT NOW to break through isolation and grow in a group with others this semester?
Many people that I have talked to (and myself included) have mentioned how isolated and lonely they feel over the past year. I get it; really I do. It has been very difficult to do life with others recently.
Let’s break through all the excuses (and many excuses are valid), meet with others, and grow in group fellowship TOGETHER.
NEW THIS SEMESTER: Hybrid adult connections groups! We are meeting simultaneously in-person and online.
When the church is thriving, there is no other place like the church when it comes to growth, connection, and change. Simply, we do it best! It takes you and your participation to make it possible, so join an adult connections group this semester! Get signed up now.
Connections Groups and Start Dates:
- Managing Money God’s Way: Jan 24
- Sunday Disciple Fast Track: Jan 17
- Wednesday Disciple Fast Track: Jan 27
All of these adult classes are HYBRID, which means they are simultaneously in-person and online. You can choose which format works best for you when you sign up.
DISCIPLE FAST TRACK
- Leader: Chris Bryant (Wednesday 6:00-7:30p) and Bobby Fleck (Sunday 5:00-7:30p)
- Description: An 12-week adaption of the original Disciple Bible Study that provides a viable option for busy people seeking compressive engagement with the Bible. Each week begins with a DVD and includes in-depth discussion based on homework reading Scripture and engaging with the New Testament texts. This is a great study to dig deep into the New Testament!
- Cost: $15 per participant for study guide and materials
MANAGING MONEY GOD’S WAY
- Leader: Marty McGee (Sunday 5:00-6:30p)
- Description: Did you know there are over 2,350 verses in the Bible about money? Did you know that nearly half of Jesus’ parables are about possessions? The Bible is packed with wise counsel about your financial life. In fact, Jesus had more to say about money than about heaven and hell combined. Co-developed with Purpose Driven Ministries and Pastor Rick Warren, this seven-week, DVD-based, small group study, provides another option for studying biblical financial management in a personal or small group setting. Watch the DVD together (20 – 25 minutes), a time of discussion of the DVD, a time of prayer, and then a description of the week’s homework assignment.
- Cost: $10 per participant for study guide and materials
What about the younger ones?
- Nursery – available on both Sunday and Wednesday for those in need. Simply let us know on your registration form, and we will take care of staffing nursery with qualified and loving servants.
- Kids on Sunday Nights – Britta is leading kids ministry on Sunday nights. Preregister your kids when you fill out your own registration form. She has some more plans in place, so I want to encourage you to check your kids email for those details (if you aren’t receiving those emails, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Youth on Sunday and Wednesday Nights – Jamie is leading you on Sunday nights through Bible study and their own connections group. Wednesday night game nights will continue as well throughout this semester.
If you have questions, please reply to this email, and I will be glad to help you in any way that I can. Just get connected. No excuses.
Director of Connections and Communications