Want to grow your relationship with God? Want to learn more about the Bible? The journey of faith is not meant to be experienced alone. Life is better together!
Adult Groups are available in different formats:
- Wednesday Groups
- Sunday School Groups
WHICH FORMAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
We have two types of regularly scheduled grow groups: Wednesday Night Grow Groups and Sunday School Grow Groups. Read below for descriptions of these groups.
Wednesday Grow Groups
New groups form often based around different themes. These are the easiest groups to become involved with. Wednesday Grow Groups are a part of the Wednesday Connections and begin at 6:30p after (Wednesday Dinner at 5:30p).
Basics of Faith: A Deeper Conversation – Jamie Ellis – Room B-5
What we believe about our faith has great implications on what we do in response to our beliefs. While many followers of Jesus think they understand the basics of the faith, in this group you will dig deep into these basics in order to gain practical wisdom on not only these tenets of the faith but also on what to do with these beliefs.
Financial Peace – Reed Dills and Marty McGee – Room B-3
By utilizing the Financial Peace resources from Dave Ramsey, you will learn how to take baby steps to achieve financial victory in your personal life. With practical and easy to follow methods and personal anecdotes, Financial Peace is the road map to personal control, financial security, a new, vital family dynamic, and lifetime peace. Note: There are additional resource costs for this group.
Follower’s Life – Chris Bryant and Melanie Graves – Room B-11
The two words capable of changing everything in our life forever for the better: “Follow me,” Jesus said. Renew your faith. Rediscover simplicity. Regain the better life.
Simon Peter – James Pelt – Room B-2
Simon Peter, the Rock, was a leader of the Twelve Apostles and trusted confidant of Jesus. How did this leader shape Christianity, and how does his experience relate to ours? In this study, you will look in-depth into the life and ministry of Simon Peter through deep Bible study and investigation.
The Storm Inside – Jayme Dills – Room B-6
In this women-only group, participants will utilize the book, The Storm Inside, from speaker Sheila Walsh as you engage in conversation about life-changing, hope-filled transformations where God’s divine redemption quiets the chaos you feel.
Weekly Renewal – Lamar and Elaine Brown – MPR Room
In this group, you will be led on a weekly journey of spiritual renewal. You will look into a different topic or verse each week, seeking to find application in our daily lives. Drop in any time!
Sunday School Grow Groups
Sunday School Groups are on-going groups that meet year round to learn more about the Bible, and enter into fellowship with each other by caring, praying, and sometimes partying together. Sunday School classes also often organize to meet volunteer or financial needs in the church and community. Each class is as distinct and unique as the people who attend.
Bible for Today – Room B-10 (Parlor)
- Ages 40’s+ from all walks of life
- Curriculum based, lecture with discussion. Discussion and lessons based on a book or large section of Scripture. The hope for the Bible for Today is that it will create a place to connect Scripture to life so that the word of God becomes living in us.
A.D.D. – Room B11 (Choir Room)
- Mostly parents with toddler and school-aged children
- Curriculum based discussion, often with video elements. A.D.D. stands for Actively Devoted Disciples. We want to be devoted disciples who not only meet on Sunday, but who are active in the ministry & leadership of the entire church. We enjoy meeting for fellowship and we join together to support mission opportunities as well.
The Bridge – Room B-2
- Adults, ages 18-99
- Discussion based on a Book of the Bible or a theme based curriculum. Open hearts, open minds, open doors. We are serious about fellowship on Sunday mornings and beyond. We believe that Jesus is our Bridge to life.
F.O.B. – Room B-4
- Senior Adults
- Discussion based on the Cokesbury Quarterly Curriculum. For Our Brothers and sisters in Christ, caring for each other and sharing God’s love with those in our community. You don’t want to miss our Christmas Party gift auction.
G.I.F.T. – Room B-5
- Experienced empty nesters
- Q&A based on a book or study guide. Growing In Faith Together – means that we study God’s gift to us so we can be a gift to the world. We have several events that we enjoy doing as well.
Mission Possible – Room B-3
- Active, middle-aged couples
- Practical, biblical application to current events. We are a missions-minded class that seeks ways to be involved in our church and community.
Seekers – Room B-1
- 50-70+ year olds from all walks of life
- Various curricula selected by our study committee. Seeking truth, knowledge, wisdom and a relationship with Jesus Christ. Very socially active, we focus our ministry on helping with shut-ins and people in need.
W.F.C. – Room B-13
- Adults from all walks of life
- Discussion based on the Cokesbury Quarterly Curriculum. Workers for Christ – We are a service minded group active in church leadership and missions involvement throughout the year.