Want to grow your relationship with God? Want to learn more about the Bible? The journey of faith is not meant to be experienced alone. Life is better together!
Adult Groups are available in different formats:
- Wednesday Groups
- Sunday School Groups
WHICH FORMAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
We have two types of regularly scheduled grow groups: Wednesday Night Grow Groups and Sunday School Grow Groups. Read below for descriptions of these groups.
Wednesday Grow Groups
New groups form often based around different themes. These are the easiest groups to become involved with. Wednesday Grow Groups are a part of the Wednesday Connections and begin at 6:30p after (Wednesday Dinner at 5:30p).
Becoming Mom Strong – Jayme Dills and Leanne Tindell – In this moms-only group, you will utilize the “Becoming Mom Strong” study to discover how to fight with all that’s in you for your family and your faith. You will learn how God equips you with a special strength to lead your family to fight the ultimate battle for their hearts and souls.
Dr. Luke: Called by God for Paul –John Brinsfield and James Pelt – Although we know few facts of his life, Luke has left us a strong impression of himself by what he wrote. In this group, you will study Dr. Luke to help gain a greater understanding and appreciation for Luke’s contributions to the New Testament (The Gospel of Luke and Acts).
Follower’s Life – Chris Bryant – The two words capable of changing everything in our life forever for the better: “Follow me,” Jesus said. Renew your faith. Rediscover simplicity. Regain the better life. This group, which will last 6-9 weeks, is for singles only this semester.
Sharing the Song – Taylor Lankford – Let’s come together for an hour each week and sing praises to God – no pressure, no performance, only joy. In this group, you will explore musical heritage through the lens of the 21st Century Christian. Bring your instruments if you want! Everyone is welcome, no matter your background (or lack thereof) in music.
Then and Now: Nehemiah – Kerri and Jamie Ellis – Isolation, human trafficking, immigration, cultural oppression, building walls, arming workers…turn on any news outlet and these are the stories of the day. They are also the story of the Old Testament book of Nehemiah. You will see what Nehemiah has to say to us today.
Weekly Renewal – Lamar and Elaine Brown – In this group, you will be led on a weekly journey of spiritual renewal. You will look into a different topic or verse each week, seeking to find application in our daily lives. Drop in any time!
Sunday School Grow Groups
Sunday School Groups are on-going groups that meet year round to learn more about the Bible, and enter into fellowship with each other by caring, praying, and sometimes partying together. Sunday School classes also often organize to meet volunteer or financial needs in the church and community. Each class is as distinct and unique as the people who attend.
Bible for Today – Room B10 (Parlor)
- Ages 40’s+ from all walks of life
- Curriculum based, lecture with discussion. Discussion and lessons based on a book or large section of Scripture. The hope for the Bible for Today is that it will create a place to connect Scripture to life so that the word of God becomes living in us.
A.D.D. – Room B11 (Choir Room)
- Mostly parents with toddler and school-aged children
- Curriculum based discussion, often with video elements. A.D.D. stands for Actively Devoted Disciples. We want to be devoted disciples who not only meet on Sunday, but who are active in the ministry & leadership of the entire church. We enjoy meeting for fellowship and we join together to support mission opportunities as well.
The Bridge – Room B6
- Adults, ages 18-99
- Discussion based on a Book of the Bible or a theme based curriculum. Open hearts, open minds, open doors. We are serious about fellowship on Sunday mornigns and beyond. We believe that Jesus is our Bridge to life.
F.O.B. – Room B4
- Senior Adults
- Discussion based on the Cokesbury Quarterly Curriculum. For Our Brothers and sisters in Christ, caring for each other and sharing God’s love with those in our community. You don’t want to miss our Christmas Party gift auction.
G.I.F.T. – Room B5
- Experienced empty nesters
- Q&A based on a book or study guide. Growing In Faith Together – means that we study God’s gift to us so we can be a gift to the world. We have several events that we enjoy doing as well.
Mission Possible – Room B3
- Active, middle-aged couples
- Practical, biblical application to current events. We are a missions-minded class that seeks ways to be involved in our church and community.
Seekers – Room B2
- 50-70+ year olds from all walks of life
- Various curricula selected by our study committee. Seeking truth, knowledge, wisdom and a relationship with Jesus Christ. Very socially active, we focus our ministry on helping with shut-ins and people in need.
W.F.C. – Room B13
- Adults from all walks of life
- Discussion based on the Cokesbury Quarterly Curriculum. Workers for Christ – We are a service minded group active in church leadership and missions involvement throughout the year.