Check out all that is happening at Ringgold United Methodist Church this Christmas season!
Worship & Events
Advent Worship Theme – Experience the Journey
Christmas is a well-known story… perhaps too well known for our own good.
Have we gotten it right? Have we imagined the details correctly? Have we truly appreciated the circumstances?
The creator of the universe comes among us, not as a conquering emperor living in the lap of luxury, but in the form of a helpless baby, born of a peasant, conceived out of wedlock, raised as the son of a migrant-carpenter in an obscure village…
In other words, it’s a journey of how God used people like us to change the world.
This journey could change your faith, your world, forever.
We will have five stops along the journey together…
- December 2 – Find Mary at Nazareth
- December 9 – Discover Joseph at Bethlehem
- December 16 – Visit Elizabeth at Ein Karem
- December 23 – Travel the Road from Nazareth to Bethlehem
- December 24 – Arrive at the Manger (Christmas Eve)
Christmas Eve Candlelight Worship
- 5:00 PM – Contemporary (Children’s Presentation – Live Band – Nursery Available)
- 9:00 PM – Traditional (Full Choir – No Childcare)
Order your poinsettia(s) in honor of the memory of someone by Sunday, Dec. 2nd and help make RUMC beautiful for the season. Form available in worship and at the church office.
Outreach & Giving
Children’s Celebration of Christmas Volunteers
A beautiful way to help people in our local community at Christmas.
C.C.C. includes snacks, a Christ Cake, photos with Santa, a brief program sharing the real meaning of Christmas, a gift and stocking for each child, a large supply of food and household items for each family. We hope to illustrate God’s love for about 50-60 families and well over 100 children.
How can you help?
- Gift Wrapping (Wednesday, Dec. 5th)
- At The Event (Saturday, Dec. 8th @ 6:00PM)
- Fill A Red Bag – available in Lobby and Heritage Hall – return by Dec. 2nd.
- Sponsor A Child – gifts for each child cost about $25. Mark check CCC.
- Bring Food Items – drop off food items at the church by Dec. 5th.
- Sign-up and donate on Sundays, by contacting Eddie Floyd at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unique Christmas Gift
Looking for a unique Christmas Gift and a way to help in missions in Haiti? Come by the church office and purchase a Christmas ornament for Haiti.
The 2018 Christmas Offering will be received on Christmas Eve. Your giving goes to these areas:
- United Methodist Ministries
- Community Outreach
- Homelessness Relief
You can give in person on Christmas Eve, via mailed in check, or online here using the memo “Christmas Offering.”