Thanks for checking us out! We would love for your kids to be a part of r|kidz! Our goal at RUMC is to provide a safe and loving environment for children. As a faithful parent, you want your child to feel God’s protective and caring grace in their lives. We want that too! Making every effort to welcome your child and make them feel at home, we hope to meet your family’s needs and look forward to your involvement.
The mission of the Children’s ministries at RUMC is to support, partner with and empower families to develop fully devoted followers of Christ and to share with them in an active relationship with Christ.
Children’s Ministry Staff
Christina has an educational background in child development, earning a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education from Berry College and a Master’s in special education from UTC.
Christina comes to the church after several years of experience teaching with Catoosa County schools. Christina brings an intimate knowledge of the church coupled with, a passion for God’s church and life experiences that will prove essential to future years of ministry with children.
r|kidz Worship takes place on the children’s hall. All children (birth-5th grade) should be checked in prior to going to all r|kidz ministry groups. There are 2 check-in stations, located on both ends of the Children’s Hall. Parents should accompany children to their ministry classroom and pick them up at the end as well.
- 9:00a – Childcare
- 10:00a – Sunday School Small Groups
- 11:00a – r|kidz Worship (r|kidz Worship is a time for children to fellowship with their friends, dig deeper into the Bible and grow in their understanding of what it means to have a relationship with Jesus Christ)
Wednesday Nights (During the School Year)
- 6:15-7:30p – Children participate in planned activities that focus on building great big hearts.
- Pre-K through 3rd Grade – r|kidz Worship
- 4th through 5th grade – The Eagle’s Nest Tweens Small Group
r|kidz Special Events
See the eHappenings to see what special events are coming up!
Contact the Director of Children’s Ministry
If you have any questions or you would like to learn more about our Children’s Ministry please feel free to contact me. I would love to chat!
Director of Children’s Ministry